Join us for a presentation on:
YOU Can Create Disney Magic Too! Lessons in Leadership, Management, Culture, & Customer Service
**This event will be held virtually via Zoom**
Objective: To understand the basics for creating a world class organization with engaged team members and committed, loyal customers that produces exceptional business results.
- Leadership responsibility and the impact on creating an outstanding environment and culture for excellence. Selection of employees, training of employees, creating a culture where everyone matters and they know that they matter.
- Chain of excellence: Leadership >> Employee Excellence >> Customer Satisfaction >> Business Results
- Hire them right, train them right, treat them right
- The Difference between Management and Leadership
- Chain of Excellence Model: Disney uses to drive exceptional results in cast excellence, guest service, and business results: leadership >> safe and respectful environment >> cast service to guest >> business results
- The Four Competencies for Leaders and their relationship to each other, how they drive customer experience, business results and enhance career services
- technical competency, management competency, technological competency, and leadership competency
- Leaving a Legacy
About Our Speaker:
Lee Cockerell retired as the Executive Vice President of Operations for the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, a position he held for ten years. His responsibilities encompassed a diverse mix of operations, which included 20 resort hotels with over 24,000 Guest rooms, 4 theme parks, 2 water parks, 5 golf courses, a shopping village & nighttime entertainment complex, a sports & recreation complex, and the ancillary operations support functions.
Lee joined the Disney organization in July 1990 as Director of Food and Beverage and Quality Assurance for the Disneyland Paris hotels. Prior to joining the Walt Disney World Co., he spent seventeen years in various executive positions with the Marriott Corporation and eight years with Hilton Hotels.
Today Lee is the founder of his consulting, seminar and speaking business, Lee Cockerell, LLC specializing in leadership, management and customer service.
Lee has served on the Heart of Florida United Way Board for six years including being the Chairman of the Board and a member of the Executive Committee and as Campaign Chairman for Central Florida.
Lee served as a member of the Board of Trustees for the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY; a member of the Board of Directors of the Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) and in 2005 Governor Jeb Bush appointed him to the Governor’s Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service where he served as the Chairman of the Board.
In 2008 Governor Brad Henry of Oklahoma named Lee as a Creative Ambassador to assist the state in leadership and business development.
Lee serves on the Oklahoma State University Board of Advisers for the School of Hospitality and Tourism, the Gregory Elias Entertainment Management Advisory Board for the University of Central Florida, Rosen College of Hospitality and for the Advisory Board Rollins College Department of Business
Lee has been voted Best Grandfather of the year for 27 straight years by his three grandchildren, Jullian, Margot and Tristan.
Lee is the author of five books on Leadership, Management, Culture and Customer Service and the Co-Author for a textbook for the State University of New York (SUNY), Suffolk County Community College.
These books are being used as text books and required reading by many colleges, universities and the US Military.
Creating Disney Magic weekly 15 minute podcast on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, iHeart Radio or at www.LeeCockerell.com
an online learning site. www.CockerellAcademy.com
Lee and his wife Priscilla reside in Orlando, Florida. Lee enjoys teaching leadership, management and service excellence seminars, traveling, dining out and most of all spending time with his three grandchildren, Jullian, Margot, and Tristan.
For more information go to: www.LeeCockerell.com
Event Sponsored By: